10 Simple Home Remedies to Diminish Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
The presence of dark circles under your eyes can make you look tired and older. Don’t look tired even if you feel it! Reducing the dark circles under your eyes can often be achieved with a few simple home remedies:
1. Get your beauty sleep! Get plenty of sleep each night.
2. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. Yet another benefit of that daily chug of the high quality h20 is dark circle reduction.
3. Wrap a bag of frozen vegetables in a thin towel and place it over your eyes for 10 minutes. It not only de-puffs, it rejuvenates and feels great!
4. Eat well. Eat a healthy balanced diet. Don’t forget to take your vitamins daily.
5. Cucumber slices have long been used to reduce puffiness and refresh the appearance of skin around the eyes, providing a fast “pick-me-up” for tired and puffy eyes. Just a couple of ice cold slices on your eyes will help diminish puffiness and tighten and tone the under eye area.
6. Chamomile tea bags. Soak some chamomile tea bags in hot water, then rinse in cool water to create an eye-pack. Just putting these on your eyes for about 20 minutes will help reduce puffiness and can help diminish dark circles quickly, since chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Use a frozen spoon. Put a spoon in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Take it out and cover the circles with it. Hold it there until the spoon is warm again.
8. Lie down, close your eyes and apply potato slices to your lids. Leave on for ten minutes and remove. Wash the area with cold water. This soothes tired eyes instantly, and helps boost blood circulation in the under-eye area.
9. Drink a Gatorade or sports drink with electrolytes , which helps to deflate puffs.
10. Dip a washcloth in a bowl of cool caffeinated coffee. Apply to area and leave on for ten minutes. Caffeine is a diuretic, which means it draws water away.
**Tip: High salt intake, alcohol and drugs can adversely affect the quality of your sleep. Abstain from these products or use them only in moderation for best results.
**Let us hear what home remedies you use to diminish dark circles and puffy eyes….Leave a comment:
Tracey Evelyn is a Body Image and Fashion Consultant who helps women to learn to love their bodies and reinvent themselves through Wardrobe Styling, Makeup Artistry and Personal Shopping.
Contact: Tracey@Traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Twitter: @Traceyevelyninc Phone: 484-479-6730