If you are bottom-heavy with wide hips and narrow shoulders, you’ve got a triangle or pear-shaped figure. Triangle shaped princesses have curvy lower bodies, which typically include full and foxy hips. If the lovely triangle shaped Jennifer Lopez can be on the cutting edge of fashion, so can you! When it comes to dressing, it’s all about balance.
The goal is to visually slim your bottom half and play up your top.
Play up the top:
– Wear a quality bra to help define the waist and create curves in all the right places.
– Horizontal lines from the waist up will widen shoulders.
– Add volume above the waist…. embellishments around the bust and shoulders do just that.
- Wear V-neck tops and create V-neck shapes with your layers. V-shapes elongate the neck and draw attention to
- Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, and U necks look great as well.
- Wear bright colors and bold patterns up top.
- Wear tops with nipped or fitted waists.
- Add shoulder pads to whatever you can.
– Try princess or flutter sleeves or run with the ruched sleeve look.
- Besides being chic, military jackets also are flattering to a pear-shaped body.
Play down the bottom:
- Go for clean, tailored lines on the bottom.
- Try Pants that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.
- Stay away from Capri pants or tapered legs, they draw attention straight to the hips.
- Verticle lines from the waist down will slim hips.
- Avoid embellished pockets.
- Rock the A-Line skirts. The A-line or flared skirt is a great piece to use as a base to accentuate a beautiful selection of tops and blouses.
- Work a softly gathered skirts that soften your curves without adding volume.
- Darker colors, clean lines and simple stitching work best on the lower half.
– Wearing some sort of heel (even if it’s just an inch) will give you the height that automatically slims down your curves.
How do you dress your triangle or pear shape? We wanna know….. send us a pic or leave a comment.
Tracey Evelyn Reed is a visual brand specialist with over 15 years experience in the beauty industry. As an accomplished wardrobe stylist and make-up artist, she’s also a licensed esthetician. Her company, Tracey Evelyn Beautiful You, provides customized skin-care programs, make-up lessons, eyelash extensions, wardrobe consulting and personal shopping services. Tracey specializes in helping women reinvent their style and take their look to the next level. www.traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Follow her on Twitter at @TraceyEvelyninc