20 Simple Tips to Flatter Wide Hips or Pear Shaped Body Type
Most women have something about their bodies they would like to change. I hear it all the time ” I hate my hips”. Instead of letting what you don’t like get you down, let’s try using a few simple fashion tips to flatter what you do have and help you to love getting dressed. Here are 20 simple fashion tips to help you learn how to flatter wide hips or the pear shaped body type:
1. Choose blouses, tops and jackets that have embellishments and bold patterns.
2. Wear bright colored tops and stick to dark colors on your lower body.
3. Halter or strapless styles are the most flattering for wide hips.
4. Shoulder pads are a great option for those with pear shaped hips because they help to create a hour glass shape. This will help to redirect the attention to your upper body.
5. Avoid jackets that fall at the hip, the bottom of the jacket should fall just below the hip line. Wear longer jackets that are fitted but, not too tight.
6. Avoid wearing any top or bottom with horizontal stripes. Horizontal stripes will accentuate the width of a woman’s hips, making them appear larger than they really are.
7. A-line dresses with a slightly plunging or V-neck also flatter the pear shaped figure and draw attention upward, away from the hips and thighs.
8. An empire waist is great as long as the bottom isn’t overly full.
9. Wrap around dresses are very flattering to the pear shaped figure. Choose a wrap around dress that gathers at the waist and fits tightly over the bust and torso, but has a flared skirt.
10. Wear dresses that have embroidery, lace or other embellishments around the bust area.
11. Choose dresses that are dark or at least dark on the bottom.
12. Keep details at the hemline and up on the top of the bodice.
13. Choose a pair of pants that have wide legs, hang just below the belly button and are a dark color.
14. Wear pants or skirts that have clean lines around the hip area, avoiding details around the hips and a flat front.
15. Layering is great. A loosely wrapped cardigan or jacket that hits just below the hips or longer will help hide your problem area. Belting them will give you a waistline and help to create that hourglass figure.
16. Choose belts that sit on your waist, the smallest part of it and make sure the lines after that flare out.
17. Look for necklaces that are made up of multiple pieces. If large jewelry is too bold and dramatic for your personal style, choose a necklace that shows skin in-between the beads/pieces, rather than a solid, dense piece.
18. Coats should be a dark color and flow away from the body at the waist as well.
19. Wear shoes with a heel, they will add length to your figure.
20. Always create a focal point somewhere else. Remember, you direct people where you want people to look by adding detail.
* I get it! Sometimes you just don’t know where to start when it comes to your wardrobe. No more standing in your closet aimlessly. Get started with the wardrobe essentials! These pieces will go with you from season to season.
Click here to get your FREE Closet Cheat Sheet
** How do you enhance your figure? We wanna know…..Leave a comment:
Contact: Tracey@Traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Twitter: @Traceyevelyninc