As lover of cashmere, I find it a foundation piece that is worth the investment. High quality classic pieces will look nicer and last longer. Don’t be discouraged by the care tag. If you can’t make it to the dry cleaners hand washing cashmere is an option. Hand washing can help cashmere maintain its softness. Here are 6 simple tips to hand cleaning your cashmere sweater:
1. Use tepid to room temperature water. Be sure to not use hot water it may shrink your wool.
2. Be sure to use a mild detergent like woolite or baby shampoo.
3. Turn clothes inside out before washing. (helps to prevent colors from fading)
4. Dip, dunk and press out the excess water but, do not twist the fabric.
5. Use a large salad spinner to spin off excess water.
6. Lay sweater flat on a clean towel to dry and let air dry.
** How do you clean your cashmere sweater? We want to know, leave a comment:
Tracey Evelyn is an image consultant, wardrobe stylist and beauty expert that helps emerging women to reinvent themselves and to help them make a statement without saying a word.