Are you attending a wedding, job interview or an important business meeting and you need to cover up a little body art? With a little practice……what seems like a challenge can be done. Here are simple steps to temporarily covering a tattoo:
1. You want to start with clean skin (alcohol wipe will do the trick).
2. Cover area with a primer it will absorb oil and help to grab the makeup.
3. Pat on a concealer (2 shades lighter than your natural complexion). Pat using the stippling effect. You want one with an opaque, creamy texture that will stay put and not cake or smear. This can be done with your fingers, sponge or 1/2 inch brush.
4. The next step is concealing the first layer of concealer with a concealer the same color as your skin tone.
5. Be sure to blend well. Don’t worry the skin is like canvas just continue to blend or use a baby wipe to clean up any mistakes.
6. Use a translucent powder to make sure it stays put all day.
7. Be sure to blend the powder out with a fluffy Brush. Wa la that tattoo is concealed!
How do you temporarily cover a tattoo?
Tracey Evelyn Reed is a visual brand specialist with over 15 years experience in the beauty industry. As an accomplished wardrobe stylist and make-up artist, she’s also a licensed esthetician. Her company, Tracey Evelyn Beautiful You, provides customized skin-care programs, make-up lessons, eyelash extensions, wardrobe consulting and personal shopping services. Tracey specializes in helping women reinvent their style and take their look to the next level. www.traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com
Follow her on Twitter at @TraceyEvelyninc