What should I wear? I don’t like the way this looks on me! We have to face this decision daily. I doesn’t matter if you are a size four or a size twenty four, every women I know has some insecurity about her body. What keeps women from getting dressed and loving the results? What it boils down to is, that we are all looking hide our problem areas and mask our insecurities. Who are you? It is time to learn to dress your personality and learn to be content in your own skin and dress accordingly. The most important step to loving what you wear is ” Wearing confidence and a positive attitude “. Wearing the right clothes will add to that confidence. Learn to love your body!
Ask any woman she will tell you regardless your body shape and height, the way you dress can make or break your appearance. Flattering your figure isn’t just about dressing a certain way, you need to take into consideration; colors, fabric and textures to make sure you look and feel your best.
Unlike other parts of our lives that involve other people, your body and how you dress it are under your absolute control. Take control of your appearance because, it is yours. A few strategies to Maximize your Potential:
* Stand Tall, throw those shoulders back, tuck that tummy in, take a deep breath, and smile. You’ll look better without spending a cent.
* Vertical lines Lengthen and Slim.
* Wear larger and busy prints where you want people to focus and smaller print where you wants to minimize attention.
* To appear taller, combine colors that are similar in value ( lightness & darkness).
* Wear subtle vertical pinstripes to elongate.
* A knit garment drapes and hugs the body to add shape.
* Pants with clean lines( no pleats, no pockets) this can be slimming.
* Wearing black and other dark colors will make you look thinner.
* Do wear color near your face, wearing color, even as an accent will make you look prettier.
* Have a bra fitting (Properly selected and fitted undergarments can make a huge deference in how you look and feel)
* Avoid wearing thick bulky fabrics where you are bulky.
Example: If you are “top heavy” combine a lightweight blouse with a heavier bottom. Let your fabrics create visual balance.
* Horizontal lines make you look wider.
* Light and Dark color combinations shorten the body.
* Shiny fabric such as satin will both cling and reflect even the most minor figure curve.
* A stiff or firm fabric will create volume and make clothes look and feel overly structured.
* Don’t wear long tops if you are short.
* A square boxy jacket will make you look bulky
* Never compromise on fit- if an item can’t be altered or you’re not prepared to spend the money on an alteration don’t buy.
It is important to learn to love yourself and to do things that make you feel good! Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good. Exercise…..walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy. The best way to dress for your body shape is to pick one body part you love and feature it! Distract yourself, by dressing in clothes that take away from what you think of as your worst features and accentuate the features that you love. Don’t be afraid to show it off! Wear comfortable clothes that you like, that express your personal style, and that feel good to your body. Love getting dressed! Count your blessings, not your blemishes!
Leave a comment to let us know what do you do to love the skin you are in? Tracey
Tracey Evelyn Reed is a visual brand specialist with over 15 years experience in the beauty industry. As an accomplished wardrobe stylist and make-up artist, she’s also a licensed esthetician. Her company, Tracey Evelyn Beautiful You, provides customized skin-care programs, make-up lessons, eyelash extensions, wardrobe consulting and personal shopping services. Tracey specializes in helping women reinvent their style and take their look to the next level. www.traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Follow her on Twitter at @TraceyEvelyninc 484-479-6730 phone