12 simple tips to shop like a pro or make shopping a breeze:
It’s ok if you are one of those people who get overwhelmed at the thought of shopping, not sure how to shop, feel out of place, get overwhelmed at just the thought or you just don’t like shopping at all. Shopping does not have to be painful, it can be easier than you think. No need to be a fashion editor to get it right. Here are 12 simple tips to shop like a pro or make shopping a breeze:
1. Take inventory of what you already own………now think about where you can fill in the gaps.
2. Look for inspiration – whose style do you admire or whose style would you like to imitate? (a celebrity or a magazine is a good place look for visual reference). You may want to consider a: personal style inspiration board.
3. Come up with a uniform– what pieces do you tend to go to most often or what does your work or lifestyle dictate? Also, think about the message you would like to send (professional, artist, etc..)
4. Create a shopping list (you must know what you need, look for gaps in your wardrobe especially, in your foundation pieces ). What’s missing?
5. The early bird catches the worm– hit the mall early to avoid the rush and while it’s still peaceful.
6. Get colors that compliment you, what color do you feel most confident in? Most people tend to lean towards a color that makes them feel good. (At some point getting a color analysis is a worthwhile investment) The right colors can take years off your look.
7. Spend more money on staples (your foundation pieces) and less money on trendy pieces.
8. Think about what is the garment for? Does it work or fit your life style?
9. Try on the garment– you don’t want to get home and hate the way the garment looks on.
10. Don’t shop hungry or tired – It’s hard to focus when you are hungry (keep snacks handy).
11. Be sure to love the way you look in the garment? Look in the mirror….Does it make you feel confident?
12. Don’t buy a garment just because it’s on sale! Each purchase should be intentional!
** How do you make shopping a breeze? We want to know……Leave a comment:
Tracey Evelyn is a Body Image and Fashion Consultant who helps women to learn to love their bodies and reinvent themselves through Wardrobe Styling, Makeup Artistry and Personal Shopping. Contact: Tracey@Traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Twitter: @Traceyevelyninc Phone: 484-479-6730