Refashioned And On Trend
Ok so both sustainability and fashion are both important to me so I decided to kill one bird with two stones. Well not really kill a bird but, you know what I mean. I decided to turn an old garment into a new garment. So, I put my designer’s hat on and off to the races I went. It was pretty easy. So, here\’s how I refashioned a pair of old jeans:
* I Used a pair of my most comfy skinny jeans as a pattern.
* I cut the inside seam to reshaped the old jeans(bell bottoms) into a skinner leg, leaving a 5/8 seam allowance.
* I measured two rectangular pieces of the floral or contrasting fabric, cut and zig zag stitched the contrasting fabric to the jeans.
* I stitched the open seams(inside seams).
* Pressed open the new seams and Wha La!
I love my new jeans! Floral prints are on trend and based on your body type skinny jeans can be chic!
How do you refashion? We would love to know…….Leave a comment:
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE:
Tracey Evelyn\’s Updates, Latest Trends & More!
Tracey Evelyn is a Body Image and Fashion Consultant who helps women to learn to love their bodies and reinvent themselves through Wardrobe Styling, Makeup Artistry and Personal Shopping.
Contact: Tracey@Traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Twitter: @Traceyevelyninc Phone: 484-479-6730