Refashioned And On Trend
Ok so both sustainability and fashion are both important to me so I decided to kill one bird with two stones. Well not really kill a bird but, you know what I mean. I decided to turn an old garment into a new garment. So, I put my designer’s hat on and off to the races I went. It was pretty easy. So, here’s how I refashioned a pair of old jeans:
* I Used a pair of my most comfy skinny jeans as a pattern.
* I cut the inside seam to reshaped the old jeans(bell bottoms) into a skinner leg, leaving a 5/8 seam allowance.
* I measured two rectangular pieces of the floral or contrasting fabric, cut and zig zag stitched the contrasting fabric to the jeans.
* I stitched the open seams(inside seams).
* Pressed open the new seams and Wha La!
I love my new jeans! Floral prints are on trend and based on your body type skinny jeans can be chic!
How do you refashion? We would love to know…….Leave a comment:
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE:
Tracey Evelyn’s Updates, Latest Trends & More!
Tracey Evelyn is a Body Image and Fashion Consultant who helps women to learn to love their bodies and reinvent themselves through Wardrobe Styling, Makeup Artistry and Personal Shopping.
Contact: Tracey@Traceyevelynbeautifulyou.com Twitter: @Traceyevelyninc Phone: 484-479-6730
Don’t you just hate it, just before a big meeting, traveling, date or major event, here it comes, a pimple! Pimples are oil glands (sebaceous glands) which are infected with bacteria. Unfortunately, these pimples(acne) can occur at any age. Treating pimples promptly can help to overcome its emotional and psychological effects. Although, there is no one definitive cure for acne (pimples) , there are several simple natural cures to prevent or minimize the problem. Check out the three simple at home remedies to cure or minimize pimples:
1. Mix a squirt of mint toothpaste( it must be a paste, not gel) in the palm of your hand with warm water. Dab on pimple and leave on for ten minutes. Rinse with cool water.
2. You can crush up an aspirin, make a thick paste with a drop or three of water. Use a cotton swab to apply to your pimple.
3. Make a paste made of baking soda and water. Allow the baking soda paste to stay on your skin overnight to fully dry out the pimple.
Cleanse, Tone and moisturize at least two times a day.
Mask and exfoliate at least once a week.
Drink plenty of water.
As tempting as it may be, never squeeze a pimple!
** What at home remedies do you use to cure a pimple? We want to know….Leave a comment:
Tracey Evelyn is an Image Consultant and Fashion Stylist who helps women to love what they see when they look into a mirror and to make a statement without saying a word.
Contact: Tracey@TraceyEvelynBeautifulYou.com Phone (484)-479-6730
Follow her on Twitter at @TraceyEvelyninc