Do you avoid stripes? Stripes tend to get a bad rap, especially the horizontal stripe clothing piece. Stripes are timeless classic and just about anyone can wear them. The horizontal stripe can be a statement piece, it just depends on how you style them. Horizontal stripes can add style and dimension to your outfit when worn properly. Here are 5 tips to consider when wearing the horizontal stripe:
1. Thin stripes have a slimming effect.
2. The wider the stripes, the wider and shorter that area will appear.
3. Know what parts of your body you love best and those are the areas you want to accentuate.
4. Look for silhouettes that are slimming to your figure. Does the garment shape flatter your body type?
5. Break up the stripes with a cardigan, jacket or long necklace. This will breakup the widening effect.
Wear your horizontal stripes with confidence! Take ownership for your style and don\’t care what others think. The right outfit can make you feel like you are unstoppable!
** How do you wear stripes? We want to know, leave a comment:
Tracey Evelyn is an image consultant, wardrobe stylist and beauty expert that helps emerging women to reinvent themselves and to help them make a statement without saying a word.